WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the General Manager, Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Coordinator partners with business units to provide strategic guidance and support in the acquisition of all goods and services in the most efficient, competitive, and economic manner while minimizing risk in leading an open, transparent, and flexible process. This role will act as a consultant to our Infrastructure and construction projects team to provide supply chain expertise as well as proactive recommendations to support business operations and capital planning.
In the role, you:
- Support business units by building primary relationships with your business partners, including project managers, leaders, key suppliers, contractors and other engaged stakeholders and you’ll actively seek to understand the business of the airport in our business partner model.
- Consult with business partner on sourcing needs, mandate, and roles to develop sourcing strategies and provide ongoing guidance and advice to business units throughout the process.
- Support the business through the planning, request for proposal and contracting process of construction projects and the acquisition of all goods and services.
- Act as the Supply Chain subject matter expert and manage the bid process and adjust sourcing strategies as required by business needs.
- Investigate and act as a resource to the business in problem definition and resolution with suppliers/contractors.
- Target cost savings & performance improvement opportunities.
- Lead and collaborate in projects, negotiate and draft contract clauses, and consult with the various Airport Authority stakeholders involved in the document review and proposal evaluation process.
- Conduct analysis of supply and marketplace approaches and make recommendations to the business.
- Build OTBI reports and write and deliver presentations as required.
- Develop and manage Supplier Relationship Management programs for various suppliers as well as a supplier on- boarding program.
- Target new supplier/contractor development opportunities to increase competitiveness.
- Manage supplier contracts and contract changes.
- Manage supplier performance and hold accountable to service level agreements within contracts; assesses supplier financial performance regularly to ensure viability.
WHAT YOU BRING
- University degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration plus 2 years of work toward relevant purchasing certification, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Specific education in construction procurement and Project Management certification are highly desirable.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant business experience in an environment of similar scope and complexity.
- Demonstrated direct experience with:
- ERP Supply Chain (ideally Oracle) systems.
- Running formal construction and project requests for proposals, proposal evaluations, contracts negotiations and finalization, bonding, holdbacks, project close.
- Professional projects management methodology for construction.
- Contract’s language and structure, drafting.
- Construction industry, related professional services and supply chain related regulations, standards, policies, and practices in order to deliver professional sourcing guidance and insight for the business which includes significant and high-profile sourcing initiatives and services
- Various industry tools including databases, standard contract clauses, contract standards, and other industry aids in order to deliver sourcing services
- Project planning, delivery techniques and practices
- Demonstrated ability to proactively partner with clients to understand roles, mandates, immediate and long range plans, financial planning processes, sourcing approval and review processes (Risk Management, Legal, Workplace Safety, etc.) and other management practices in order to deliver sourcing services.
- Working understanding of business process development and workflows using ERP.
- Seasoned interpersonal skills with the ability to discuss technical terms and specifications with subject matter experts, confidently make public presentations and comfortably/productively respond to challenges and disputes.
- Demonstrated capabilities and experience with:
- Partnering with clients and working in teams in a customer centric environment
- Problem definition and solving that meet the Calgary Airport Authority’s business needs
- Change management
- Building trust; being curious and using logic to solve complex problems
- Bringing innovation to current process with continuous improvement mindset
- Effectively negotiate; show a high attention to detail; and be positive in the face of adversity
- Facilitating sourcing events, evaluate bids and negotiate terms and conditions of contracts managing varied sourcing goods and service
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Ability to self-start, be prompt and work individually and in a team environment including during significant organizational change.
- Highly organized, analytical and an eye for detail with ability and resilience to balance priorities while delivering quality work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC).
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.